The number one problem Virtual Assistant face is how to get clients. Even after you’ve gained enough experience, it would be of no use if you don’t have clients. I’ve been there several times. Remember you are not alone in this.
So here’s a compilation of 10 blogs and tips on where and how to get clients:
1. “you can become a successful VA with the right combination of dedication, determination, and enthusiasm…”~ ASHLEE ANDERSON – workfromhomehappiness.com
2. “You can’t be everything to everyone – you have to choose who you want to work with.” ~ Susan Merchon – thetechiementor.com
3. “Avoid the low hanging fruit. Don’t go for easy jobs, that’s where you’ll encounter the most competition. If you have special skills that can set you apart from the rest, leverage on that and aim for something higher.” ~ Julia Jasmine M. Sta Romana – onlinejobs.ph
4. “be honest. Don’t make yourself appear better than you actually are.” Maan – joyfulmess.com
5. “using a template application means you are not directly answering the questions that the employer has posted in the want ad. This is often a simple test to see if you can follow instructions or directions.” ~ onlinejobs.ph
6. “When you are first starting out on these freelancing platforms, your primary goal should be to earn as many positive reviews as possible.” ~ Katie Cline – scottalanturner.com
7. “Some virtual assistants choose to start their own VA business and some VAs prefer to work for an established company that matches VAs and clients. …decide on the path that works best for you.” ~ amylynnandrews.com
8. “How can I make the transition into working full-time or part-time as a virtual assistant, when I still have a day job or family to care for?” ~ Danielle Greason – valifestyledesign.com
9.★ “Freelancing is not for everyone and should not be seen as easy money for doing a bit of admin now and then. It is a serious career choice and you need to be fully committed to it.” ~ thevahandbook.com
10. “The old adage is true: if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.” ~ Jen Hubley Luckwaldt – thebalance.com
No. 9 is my favorite. Which one is yours?
Leave a comment if you have any questions or if you have additional tips. Will take note for the next compilation.
Catch you again next Friday!